How to add a project
The following steps will guide you to assign roles to your project so that you can add it to the Project list and start installing functions with Function Store.
Follow these steps:
2. In the resource selector, select the project name to which you want to add a principal (user or service account to grant roles). You will see a menu where you can edit or delete permissions or add a principal to grant new.
3. In the Permissions tab, click the Add Principal button. In this section, you can add one or more principals and then roles to grant them access to your resources. These principals can be individuals, service accounts, or Google Groups. Note that in this case, you will be adding a service account as a principal.
4. Go to Function Store to copy the Service Account we provide you. You can find it in the Add New Projects page in the upper right corner. Paste it in the New principals box in GCP.
5. Assign Roles to the Service account. The Select a role drop-down menu, contains the roles with a short description of the permissions they grant. Assign the following roles to the service account:
- Cloud Function Admin: Full access to functions, operations and locations.
- Firebase Authentication Admin: Full read/write access to Firebase Authentication resources.
- Secret Manager Admin: Full access to administer Secret Manager resources.
- Service Account User: Run operations as the service account.
- Service Usage Admin: Ability to enable, disable, and inspect service states, inspect operations, and consume quota and billing for a consumer project.
6. Click the Save button. Verify that the principal and the corresponding role are listed.
7. Go to Function Store, click the Check button and wait until the system verifies the permissions again.
If you already have a project in GCP that appears in the Function Store Project list but that project doesn't have the service account associated or all the required roles assigned, you can do it by setting up the project. Learn how to set up your project in the next section