Comment on page
Learn about the process of buying a function.
Billing is the section that appears in your menu and you use to pay your Function Store bills, monitor your usage, update your payment method, and analyze and control your costs.
If you want to make purchasing functions faster and easier, you can securely save your credit or debit card information in your Function Store account. This way you will not need to re-enter the card information each time you purchase a function.
Function Store never stores your full credit or debit card information in our systems. Instead, we work with one of the best credit card payment processors: Stripe.
As a PCI Level 1 Service Provider, Stripe ensures safety using various security methods and abiding by the latest regulations. The company accepts many credit cards and digital payment types. Of all of them, we accept the following:
- American Express
When you enter your credit or debit card details on Function Store, that information is sent directly to secure databases maintained by this payment processor, who then complete the transaction. Stripe will then provide us with a portion of the stored information (such as the last four digits of your card number) to help do things like document your purchases and label your saved cards.
During this process, Stripe will also provide us with a randomly generated alphanumeric ID. This ID allows us to reference a saved card during future transactions, even though we don’t have the full card number on file ourselves. Because we store an ID instead of the full credit card number you originally provided, there is no way for anyone who is logged in to your Function Store account to obtain your full credit card information from within your account. In addition, there is no way for a third party to reverse-engineer an ID to obtain the credit card information.
If you wish to save your credit card information, so that you don’t need to re-enter it next time you purchase a function, please follow these steps:
- 1.Click on your User avatar.
- 2.Click Billing in the User menu.
- 3.Click "Add Payment Method" in the Billing section.
- 4.Enter the credit card information that appears in the Add card modal.
- 5.Click Save and the card’s information will be saved in your account.
In a few seconds, you will see the payment method you saved in the Billing drawer. If not, reload your page.
If you want to update your payment method, you can always go to the Billing section, click on "Update Payment Method", and repeat the process.
There are free functions and others with a price. To use a priced function, you must purchase it. If you previously saved your card information in the Billing section, you can quickly use that card to purchase a function without re-entering it. If not, you can buy it and add a card at the moment of the purchase.
You can purchase a function on the Marketplace by clicking one of these buttons that appears in that function: Install or Learn More. Please, follow these steps to complete the purchase:
- 1.Click on the Install button or the Learn More button of the function you want to buy.
- 2.Click the Buy button with the function price.
- 3.If you previously saved your card information in the Billing section and the Billing Info that appears is correct, click the Pay button with the function price. If not, you can add a card at the moment of the purchase, and then click the Pay button with the function price.
- 4.Now you can fill in the form and click Install.
In the Billing section, you can find the number of installations a function has in a month. The last payment method you used appears in the Payment Information, and you can update it whenever you want. In the table that appears in Transactions, you can find:
- The ID of the transaction.
- The date you made the transaction.
- The payment method you use for that transaction.
- A short description of the transaction, with the name of the function you paid for.
- The amount of money you paid for the function (in USD).
- The status of the transaction.